A Little Dab of This & A Little Dash of That

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Are You A Feminist?


When someone asks me this, I answer , "Well, of course. "

If no, pray tell- why not?

Merriam Webster's definition of feminism-

fem·i·nism

noun \ˈfe-mə-ˌni-zəm\
: the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities
: organized activity in support of women's rights and interests


That's it.  That's all.  To me, that's a no brainer.

It's not political, it's common sense.  Still, note to any politician that reads this: I vote every chance I get, and I am great at research.  So step up.

Anyone that claims they "aren't political" or they "love men"... let's be clear: don't know what they're talking about.

If you'd like to take a quiz to find out if you are a feminist, just click HERE

In case you're wondering, this quiz descibes me as a "full blooded femininst." Yup.  That's me.

To me, being a feminist is an absolute.  Like "unique".  One is not "sort of" or a "strong feminist."
I'll grant you some are more vocal than others.

You either are or you're not.  You may be a woman or man.  Straight or gay.  I know several women who are not, and many men who are.  

I can only imagine the number of eyes rolling when they read this title.  

But, PLEASE hear me out. As Amanda Duberman pointed out in Why We Need To Ask Celebrities Whether They're Feminists:
"The word feminist only has the power to "discriminate" between those who believe in a basic equality and those who don't. There isn't much that differentiates a feminist from a decent human being. Every chance we have to make that clear, we should take."  Bravo!

Right now, I am in the process of moving, so as I've previously explained, I don't know how often I'll get posts up; whether they'll focus on feminism or anything else- but be assured there are more feminist posts on their way.

 In the mean time, check out A Mighty Girl's site, for great ways of raising the next generation of feminists.

Again, Bravo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat!