A Little Dab of This & A Little Dash of That

Saturday, March 8, 2014

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY


      Just so you know, March is National Women's History Month.  The above photo is of Susan B. Anthony and appeared in my, "Have You Seen This Woman?"
     Today is International Women's Day and there are a lot of ways to commemorate the day.
 In the spirit of brevity though, I'm just gonna list 2 works to check out- cause I'm a busy lady- just like most women I know.
will take about 10 minutes to read; there are many links, so I suggest bookmarking the page if you don't have time to visit all the articles and sites you'd like to.

                      2) I just finished Who Cooked The Last Supper? by Rosalind Miles.  Highly recommend.  Not always easy to read, but I couldn't put it down.  
                      
     In the time being, wishing you a proud and happy International Women's Day and don't forget...


P.S.- I am reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice for the ? time.  Can't help but wonder what Jane would think of the world and women's place in it, if she was alive today.  Definitely was ahead of her time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat!