A Little Dab of This & A Little Dash of That

Thursday, June 20, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEST VIRGINIA!



150 Years ago today, West Virginia became the 35th state of the United States of America.

I would like to write a lot of fun interesting facts, (I've always been proud of its history), but my 2 daughters are fighting and I am having trouble finishing these short sentences much less an entire, entertaining post.

So, since I just returned from vacationing in my home state I will pay tribute to this beautiful state, that holds so many great memories, by posting a few photos.  Hope you enjoy.

PS: West Virginia's history is very interesting, so if you get a moment, I have included some links to give you a little peek.

To check out about West Virginia- www.wvtourism.com/statehood/default.aspx

 Read about WV's Greenbrier Ghost; part of American legal history for accepting the testimony of a ghost at a murder trial! 








This little guy seemed so grateful, thought I would end with this photo.  Look closely, he's smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to chat!